Information we collect and why we use it
Personal information we collect includes details such as your name, date of birth, email address, postal address, telephone number and credit/debit card details (if you are making a purchase or donation), as well as information you provide in any communications between us. You will have given us this information whilst making a donation, registering for an event, placing an order on our website or any of the other ways to interact with us.
We will mainly use this information:
- To process your donations or other payments, to claim Gift Aid on your donations and verify any financial transactions.
- To provide the services or goods that you have requested.
- To update you with important administrative messages about your donation, an event or services or goods you have requested.
- To comply with the Charities (Protection and Social Investment) Act 2016 and follow the recommendations of the official regulator of charities, the Charity Commission, which require us to identify and verify the identity of supporters who make major gifts so we can assess any risks associated with accepting their donations.
- To keep a record of your relationship with us.
- Where you volunteer with us, to administer the volunteering arrangement.
If you do not provide this information, we will not be able to process your donation, sign you up for a particular event or provide goods and services you have requested.
We may also use your personal information:
- To contact you about our work and how you can support us.
- To invite you to participate in surveys or research.
Google Analytics and Cookies:
We need your permission to save cookies on your machine. Cookies are small files which are sent to your browser, for example Chrome or Firefox. They are stored on your computer’s hard disk. They only identify your computer and not you personally.
These cookies are used to help record your use of this website. They are used to collect statistics about site usage such as when you last visited the site. This information is then used to improve the user experience on our website. The cookies contain randomly generated IDs used to recognise your browser when you read a page. The cookies contain no personal information and are used only for web analytics.
The Google Analytics cookies are called _ga, _gid and _gat
|Cookie Name||Expiration Time||Description|
||2 years||Used to distinguish users.|
||24 hours||Used to distinguish users.|
||1 minute||Used to throttle request rate.|
We encourage you to accept the cookies our website uses as they help us to improve the user experience for you and others.
To delete cookies or reject cookies
If you do not want to receive cookies from this website, select cookie settings under the privacy settings in your browser options, then add our domain to the list of websites you do not want to accept cookies from. Under settings you can also delete individual cookies or any cookies that your browser has stored.
You can find our data protection policy Here